The Bertone Collection
by Gautam Sen and Michael Robinson
Many of the iconic vehicles of the second half of the 20th century, from simple, but beautiful Fiats, Citroëns and BMWs, to many astounding Alfa Romeos, Lancias, Maseratis and Lamborghinis, rolled out of the coachbuilding facilities of Carrozzeria Bertone, as well as the design studios of Stile Bertone. A succession of cutting-edge concept machines during the 1960s and the 1970s further cemented the belief that Bertone was not only the most audacious, but that also arguably the most progressive and innovative of all the Italian design studios ever.
Several of the important concept cars, as well as the emblematic production models from the Bertone design studio were either retained or later collected by the coachbuilder in a private museum, housed at the studio, Stile Bertone, near Turin. This book is about the many extraordinary cars from the Bertone Collection.
Click here to "like" The Bertone Collection Facebook Page
- 352 pages
- Dust jacket and slipcover
- 219mm x 290mm (landscape format)
- 381 images, featuring photography by Makarand Baokar
- Authors: Gautam Sen and Michael Robinson
- English and Italian languages (in one book)
- Encompassing 9 Design Directors and 63 cars from the Bertone Collection
Click here to view sample pages